Graduation season is in full swing! Whether it’s high school, college, or post-graduate, a lot of us have someone special to celebrate this time of year as they move onto the next exciting phase of their lives. I had the best time earlier this month attending the 2017 College Signing Day event hosted by former First Lady Michelle Obama — there’s something thrilling about that moment that you decide to say “yes” to continuing your education, whether it’s in a traditional 2- or 4-year college, a trade school, a music conservatory, or whatever interests you.
Beyond being an important milestone, graduation is also about building a future and continuing your education in life. Sometimes it can be daunting, especially if you are moving to a new city, starting your first “grown-up” job, or learning to pay utility bills on time (you won’t want to forget to do that!). No matter what, always remember that nothing is permanent, and I mean that in a good way. If there’s one thing that chefs know — because we have to practice recipes over and over to get them right — it’s that there’s always the opportunity to try something again, learn from our mistakes, and improve on our successes. Your graduation is a great accomplishment, but you’ve still got a whole lifetime of learning ahead of you!
• If you’re ready to celebrate, here’s a perfect recipe for an easy graduation cake that is a true crowd-pleaser.
• For a party favor, these edible envelopes are adorable AND delicious — and you can even tuck a little note inside!
• If you’re learning to cook in your first kitchen, here’s a great way to use everyday condiments — like mayonnaise, mustard, soy sauce, ketchup, and salsa — to perk up the flavor of chicken.
• Try this Weeknight Fried Rice the next time you think there’s nothing to cook for dinner and use up those leftovers in the fridge!
• Get to know your new neighborhood by hitting the local farmers market and then make this simple and flavorful Tomato Corn Chowder.
#graduation #lifestyle #recipes #highschool #college #CollegeSigningDay #MichelleObama